;

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bhopal: a different experience this time..

I was in bhopal 2 days ago.. I had a train to catch at 2.40 PM. Although I know, this city's development have been primarily affected by the great Bhopal Gas Tragedy but still I disliked this city for many reasons, it has no urban culture first of all, it is an untidy city to tell further and it lacks the charm of a capital city to summarise my point of view, anyways I was in the city since early morning alone and adventurous, I asked my friends, where should I go to kill time, one of them suggested me to go to DB City Mall while the other advised me to visit the Lakes, I went to the lake first, the biggest of all of 'em.
Wow.. it was the most beautiful place I have ever seen in Madhya Pradesh, I could see only water and nothing else mattered for me at that time, boats coming in and going away all the time in every possible form, the manual boats, the automatics and the motor boats, nothing mattered more than just being there between the water, I wished I had a companion so that I could try a ride too. It was called sunset point, I cursed myself for not being available at the time of sunset.  My room mate UT asked me what will I do at the lake for more than 10 minutes..? I was kind of agreed to what he questioned.. but only before I got to see it myself, what it looks like, the largest lake of the city of lakes.. I could wait there for more than 12 hours if I could, but my train was only 6 hours away from the time I went there. Ohh.. that's why they praise bhopal, it has the biggest treasure in its lakes. I loved the lake more than anything else in Indore. Indore is so artificial but this is what you call "Asli hai boss". I instantly started to admire Bhopal and looked forward to visit the mall as suggested by a friend. I went to this mall DB City, it was huge, as it was the only mall in the city, they made it large, real big, there were 2 Mc Donald's, a Dominos, a Pizza Hut, a KFC, barista, CCD and all the eating outlets sheltered under one roof, I never saw all of them in one place, that was it, I went to the third floor after I covered up the first two floors and the ground one, and I found the most interesting shop of all time: Reliance Time Out let me introduce it to everyone who are unaware of its huge collection, Reliance timeout deals in Books, Movies DVD, music CDs and other stationaries, but not like any other shop, they have every great book in their gallery, art, literature, fiction, non fiction, autobiography, photo books covering Marilyn Monroe and Elves Presley, books by Salman rushdie or the great thomas hardy collection, they have everything you can think of, and movies, They cover Shawshank Redemption to Forrest Gump, They have compilations of Alfred Hitchcock and Henry Fonda and Sergio Leone, from Clint Eastwood to Morgan Freeman, Sean Connery to Daniell Craig, there were such great movie collection, I wished I could buy the whole outlet, I left out with a Agatha Christie book, "The Man In The Brown Suit"and its a great book, I am reading it and is halfway through. Although Reliance Timeout has got nothing to do with Bhopal, but still it helped me a lot to think of some intellect out of Bhopal. I can say it now, this city has got something. I will be coming again to do some research on Bhopal very soon and perhaps with a Camera this time to show you some rare pictures too.




4 comments:

  1. Ab to i truly wanna visit BHOPAL...
    Bhopal i'm coming soon...!!!

    Nice post...!!
    Keep writing...!!!
    You inspire me a lot...!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just like those places... bhopal has a lot to catch up with urbanity

      Delete
  2. I didn't know about this store..I last visited Bhopal some three years back..it's a lovely place:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sore is in evry big city... no need to visit bhopal for Preliance time out.. haha

      Delete

Categories

55 Fiction (1) 9 Sentence Fiction (1) achievements (1) adaptation (1) adsense (1) adventure (3) afridi (1) akhilesh (1) akram (2) almighty (1) ambipur (1) amitabh (1) Amity (1) anshul (1) army (2) ayn rand (1) azharuddin (1) bangla (1) batting (1) battle (1) bhajji (1) blog (21) Blog Love (1) bloggers (1) BMW (1) board (1) book (1) Book Review (1) books (4) bowling (1) bradley cooper (1) carribean (1) catch-22 (1) cbse (1) champ (1) characters (2) charming (1) chetan bhagat (2) childhood (5) cinema (2) Citizen Responsibility (1) classics (1) clicks (1) close to my heart (6) colgate (1) college (8) commitment (1) computers (1) Conclave (1) contest (9) cricket (9) database (1) date (1) dedicated posts (9) delhi (2) departments (1) dravid (1) dream (1) DU (1) eminem (1) emotions (2) engineer (2) engineering (3) england (1) english (1) entertainment (2) erich segal (1) events (3) exams (1) experience (1) facebook (2) family (9) father (1) favorites (1) fiction (12) final (1) finland (1) flash fiction (2) ford (1) franklin (1) free (1) friends (5) fun (1) ganguly (1) General Elections (1) gifts (1) google (3) grammar (1) gum problems (1) harsh (1) hindi (2) history (1) hostel (1) humor (3) hyatt (1) ideas (1) ignorance (1) IIT (1) IK Gujral (1) IMDB (1) imran khan (1) india (7) indiblogger (12) indore (2) Inspiring Stories (1) internet (1) IPL (3) IQ (1) jeffrey archer (1) jobs (1) john grisham (1) journeys (2) juniors (1) kambli (1) kapil dev (1) kenya (1) KKR (1) Life (2) love (2) mail today (1) mario puzo (1) mentor (1) money (1) motivation (14) movie (3) movies (17) mumbai indians (1) mummy (1) NaNoWRimo (1) new york (1) news (5) night (1) nokia (1) novel (2) one of the bests (1) pakistan (3) paulo coelho (1) personal (26) Philosophy (1) point of view (3) politics (4) ponting (1) private college (1) proteas (1) quadir (1) ragging (3) rahul (1) ranji (1) Rape (1) ravi shastri (1) rayudu (1) reading (1) relationship (2) respect (1) review (1) reviews (7) robert de niro (1) roomie (1) sanjay majhrekar (1) school (2) schooling (4) sci-fi (1) sehwag (1) seniors (1) sequels (1) SGSITS (1) shakespeare (1) sidney sheldon (1) sleep (1) soccer (1) social network (3) socializing (1) society (6) sports (1) srilanka (4) SRK (2) starry (1) statistics (1) studies (1) sunil gavaskar (1) superstar (3) technology (4) tendulkar (3) tie (1) TV (1) TV Shows (2) UT (1) volvo (1) waqar (2) Winning (1) Women's Day (1) world cup (5) WriteTribe (7) writing (5) zimbabwe (1)