;

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My cup of tea

When I was an eight year old... One of my teachers gave me a piece of his knowledge...I was taught that all of us have a skill... A skill that no one else in your community can do the same with so much perfection or so effortlessly... A skill that no else can match... A skill that you can say "Its mine"... I am the BEST at it... That was the day I started to find "my perfect skill"... Days passed, months passed, but I couldn't realized my skill... I tried Karate, Cycling, Cricket, Singing but I was never like the perfect one in any of them... Then the 1st terminals of the 4th standard came... I forgot the skill thing and concentrated on studies... On the day we had our Maths paper... The Invigilator did a mistake and gave me only one sheet of the question paper... Which was supposed to be two... My question carried only 72 marks and as it was obvious, I was the first one to finish the paper. After one whole day I realized that I wasn't provided the remaining 28 marks... For that, I appealed to Mukherjee Sir to let me solve the remaining problems... He agreed and told me to give the examination at the Examination Section only & gave me only 10 minutes for those 28 marks (all of them were big calculations)... When the results came, I was amazed to see myself scoring a hundred as those 10 minutes were not much... I gave a thought to it, "Is calculations my perfect skill", and I answered myself "yes, it is"... At that little age I could tell the product of 765 and 329 in 10-15 seconds... and I can still do that adding another 10 seconds to it...

Now I can say.... CALCULATIONS: That Was It...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Categories

55 Fiction (1) 9 Sentence Fiction (1) achievements (1) adaptation (1) adsense (1) adventure (3) afridi (1) akhilesh (1) akram (2) almighty (1) ambipur (1) amitabh (1) Amity (1) anshul (1) army (2) ayn rand (1) azharuddin (1) bangla (1) batting (1) battle (1) bhajji (1) blog (21) Blog Love (1) bloggers (1) BMW (1) board (1) book (1) Book Review (1) books (4) bowling (1) bradley cooper (1) carribean (1) catch-22 (1) cbse (1) champ (1) characters (2) charming (1) chetan bhagat (2) childhood (5) cinema (2) Citizen Responsibility (1) classics (1) clicks (1) close to my heart (6) colgate (1) college (8) commitment (1) computers (1) Conclave (1) contest (9) cricket (9) database (1) date (1) dedicated posts (9) delhi (2) departments (1) dravid (1) dream (1) DU (1) eminem (1) emotions (2) engineer (2) engineering (3) england (1) english (1) entertainment (2) erich segal (1) events (3) exams (1) experience (1) facebook (2) family (9) father (1) favorites (1) fiction (12) final (1) finland (1) flash fiction (2) ford (1) franklin (1) free (1) friends (5) fun (1) ganguly (1) General Elections (1) gifts (1) google (3) grammar (1) gum problems (1) harsh (1) hindi (2) history (1) hostel (1) humor (3) hyatt (1) ideas (1) ignorance (1) IIT (1) IK Gujral (1) IMDB (1) imran khan (1) india (7) indiblogger (12) indore (2) Inspiring Stories (1) internet (1) IPL (3) IQ (1) jeffrey archer (1) jobs (1) john grisham (1) journeys (2) juniors (1) kambli (1) kapil dev (1) kenya (1) KKR (1) Life (2) love (2) mail today (1) mario puzo (1) mentor (1) money (1) motivation (14) movie (3) movies (17) mumbai indians (1) mummy (1) NaNoWRimo (1) new york (1) news (5) night (1) nokia (1) novel (2) one of the bests (1) pakistan (3) paulo coelho (1) personal (26) Philosophy (1) point of view (3) politics (4) ponting (1) private college (1) proteas (1) quadir (1) ragging (3) rahul (1) ranji (1) Rape (1) ravi shastri (1) rayudu (1) reading (1) relationship (2) respect (1) review (1) reviews (7) robert de niro (1) roomie (1) sanjay majhrekar (1) school (2) schooling (4) sci-fi (1) sehwag (1) seniors (1) sequels (1) SGSITS (1) shakespeare (1) sidney sheldon (1) sleep (1) soccer (1) social network (3) socializing (1) society (6) sports (1) srilanka (4) SRK (2) starry (1) statistics (1) studies (1) sunil gavaskar (1) superstar (3) technology (4) tendulkar (3) tie (1) TV (1) TV Shows (2) UT (1) volvo (1) waqar (2) Winning (1) Women's Day (1) world cup (5) WriteTribe (7) writing (5) zimbabwe (1)